Searching...
Sunday, September 18, 2016

The baby says it: Mantra for a stress-free life

12:47 AM

When Tara went on to write her first book, she found it painfully difficult to begin writing, let alone finish an entire chapter. She was frequently stressed, irritable and used to undergo extended periods of silent sobbing.

Tara was tired of figuring out the way to adhere to her writing ritual which she had in past, and was frustrated wondering why on earth did everyone make demands on her time and space the moment she sat down to work on her project. That she had delivered a baby boy a year ago, was another digressing factor. Having an unsupportive husband only made matters worse.

At first, she resented her newfound role of being a mother and directing all her time and attention in a single direction. But, after a while, life started unveiling its simple yet profound lessons to Tara, by the means of her one-year old. 

Not only did she fall in love with his pudgy body, innocent disposition and cute babbles, but she also became a meek student of what her baby taught her by example. What was being perceived by her as a distraction became her greatest inspiration that melted away any creative blocks in her mind. Soon, Tara began maintaining a daily journal which fueled her creativity and kept her inspired.  

Tara utilized his nap-times to ponder about this subject which nourished her soul; the time which earlier was spent in spells of cribbing (since she was barely sleeping) and crying (because she should be doing justice to her creative potential). Although quite obvious, she made some first-hand observations about how a baby lives and the quality of life he gets. In short, he was always loved, cared for, well-provided, happy and at ease.

That was just one story about how people get to learn what a baby teaches us about life. There are countless of these, running in the lives of some or the other person, somewhere, at some point.

As a matter of fact, I LOVE babies, not only because they are physically endearing but because of the vibrational energy they carry.  My personal experiences with babies have always given me fresh insights about how we have been created, what is our Source, how we are meant to live and who we are supposed to be.

While I do not deny that to be like a baby and live like one is easier said than done, little reminders like these from time to time will certainly reduce if not eliminate stress from our lives.

Here’s what a baby says to people around him:

I love everyone so everyone loves me

Mom, dad, aunt, uncle, sibling, house maid, janitor, strangers- when it comes to love, I hold back nothing. I have no criteria for sharing my love. If I like you, you will get oodles of my smiles, friendly looks radiating playfulness, babbles to kickstart exciting conversations, and if you’re lucky, sometimes even hugs and kisses. In return, I get love from everyone. I always have people around me who can’t resist holding me in their arms, cuddling me in their laps and showering me with hugs and kisses.

The mantra is simple - I have only love within me, therefore I attract only love.

I like to be on time

My timings are not to mess with. A 5 minutes delay in my breakfast and I disrupt my family’s peace like anything. I adhere to my timings and I’m quite serious about them. No, you cannot shuffle my meal or sleep time, neither can you adjust my poop time as per your convenience. If you do that, be prepared to face frequent inconvenient sessions with me, whenever, wherever.

The mantra is simple- I eat on time, sleep on time and wake up on time; something which keeps life’s running smooth.

I keep busy and love it

Staying idle bores me to death. Playing with my toys, kitchen utensils, my dad’s phone, crawling (or walking) on the floor, tapping the tables, playing with my mom, talking to people in the family or something else. I always keep myself busy in something or the other and I enjoy it. Nothing complicated, just about any plain or fancy stuff that catches my attention. All because, to me, everything is interesting and worth exploring.

The mantra is simple- “An idle mind is a devil’s workshop,” I take that quite seriously

I am vocal about my discomfort

Ever seen me sulking, brooding or engaging in bitter arguments? I make sure I am given the best and is quite vocal if I do not get my needs met. Needless to say, I never feel guilty about it. Hunger, sleepiness, flatulence, colds, loneliness, ignorance, massage strokes, and little fears here and there do bother me from time to time. However, I make no room for them to linger, which is why I get treated quickly. Neither do I assume that people will magically get to know my troubles nor I wait to be rescued.

The mantra is simple- if you’re uncomfortable, say it.

I forget the bad quickly

When it comes to anything bad, I have a poor memory. Although most of my experiences are positive because I live under my family’s wings, there are times when I get scared of things or get angry when I can’t have my way. Also, because I am new in this world, I feel an urgency to explore and discover everything around me. So, I like picking up (and mostly throwing) each and every thing before me which sometimes exposes me to certain physical dangers. But you know what?  I forget anything unpleasant, just after howling for a few minutes. After I am done with crying, I let it go. Besides, there is enough good around me to remain focused on anything bad.

The mantra is simple- I have faith in the goodness of life.

Intention is everything

I demand having my way, most of the time. Any efforts from people to befriend me, leave me unimpressed if I do not like them. I hit and pinch people. I quickly make friends with anyone who gives me what I like. I am a fan of my Mom, but don’t consider if she’s tired at the time of my meals or nap; I even wake her up in the middle of the night. Still, no one ever acuses me of being selfish or insensitive. Do you know why? Because, my intention is as clear as sparkling water. I do not know a thing about malice or manipulation. 

The mantra is simple- Intention is everything. All my thoughts and actions stem from love.

Life’s fun

I relish my life by finding enjoyment in everything. Dipping hands in a glass of water, bathing in my tub, watching water flow from the tap, funny faces, sitting on my dad’s tummy, my medicine bottle, Mom’s talcum powder, playing hide and seek with my cushions and blankets, making silly sounds or anything else- everything is fun for me.

The mantra is simple- Everything’s fun if you look for it.

I don’t need a reason to be happy

I like smiling and smile often. I am constantly in a state of joy. My happiness does not rely on any one thing, person or situation. I need little and do more. I make most of what I am given and always find some or the other reason to be happy.

The mantra is simple- Happiness comes from within.

I trust

Having zero resistance to things is one of the key reasons as to why I do not know anything about stress. Each day, I am fed, cleaned, bathed, taken to the porch or the garden, given things to play with- in short, I am taken care of. All because, I trust. I trust that I will always be provided for whatever I’d need at all times. I never doubt or worry about how my needs will be met. Therefore, anything I need, naturally shows up in my life.

The mantra is simple- I allow life to give me and have no desire to control anything.







0 comments:

Post a Comment